Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright: By My Side mix
This is song has been written and arranged really well and covers all the FQ spectrum, thus instruments are not playing over each other and fighting for their own space which in turn give the song a nice open sound. Mixing this type of song is a joy; one can concentrate more on the balance between instruments and the type of delays and verbs, and a little bit of ear candy.
As these tracks IMHP are recorded well and require a little of our own personal tonal adjustment; my thoughts will just be around balance, level and ear candy.
I have listened to both takes , and still think the snare sits to heavy and over powers the verse, I would like it to feel a little bit more laid back, the balance for the brass section, each brass instrument seems to be overly bright making thing sound less natural. the solo guitar part verb feels overly dark and sounds like its playing in a different room to the rest of the band. the sound image feels a little unbalanced ref instrument placement; own personal taste .
I think this track would benefit automation some riding of vocal.

ALL this prob sounds a little harsh. I have played and recorded and mixed jazz and big band music and listen to a lot of that genre, its my thing.
All above is sent with encouragement.
A good job overall.

Messages In This Thread
Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by Drummer Craig - 21-01-2023, 06:49 PM
RE: Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by PHK - 04-02-2023, 04:30 PM
RE: Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by Drummer Craig - 04-02-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by PHK - 16-02-2023, 02:56 PM
RE: Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by Drummer Craig - 10-02-2023, 09:00 PM
RE: Kat Wright: By My Side mix - by Rustyruss - 19-02-2024, 02:06 PM