Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DaimonB_PainRemains_Full
I think it's a major improvement from the last. Couple things I want to say but not 100% sure: the guitar on the left is a bit loud relatively. The bass should have some attack to help make the kick punchier. The snare is awesome but has more sustain than attack (to my ears it's either too fast attack or too long release) so you have more body than snap. I'd open up the comp to see if the attack comes back, if not, I'd put it back to where it was and mess with the release. In my experience, once I get the attack where it should be, the release will give me that snappy, punchy snare. Just a note that the release is super hard to hear, but practice will def help. You know the gate can also make the snare/kick/tom, etc, shorter=punchier (not always but usually), right? I still think the OH top end, mostly cymbal/hats/crash, can use a little more shaving. Doing that would also give the snare/guitars/kick beater/top end of vocal, etc, a chance to shine and you won't lose much bc your whole mix can afford it. In this song I am always weary of the syn01. I actually mixed it in last when everything was in order. Maybe you want to mute it when you do finer moves and then bring it back. Just something I throw out there. I think you do an awesome job bc I know how hard it is. Hope it helps. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by Tambo Man - 28-11-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by SonicTramp - 29-11-2022, 02:47 AM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by Tambo Man - 29-11-2022, 08:38 PM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by SonicTramp - 30-11-2022, 02:23 AM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by Tambo Man - 09-12-2022, 01:05 AM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by GoetheX - 29-11-2022, 06:08 PM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by Tambo Man - 29-11-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: DaimonB_PainRemains_Full - by SonicTramp - 09-12-2022, 05:34 AM