Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain Remains - DaimonB
(22-11-2022, 11:29 AM)GoetheX Wrote: Thanks for your return  Wink

I'm agree with you about the 200-500. Got some problems here with guitars + bass + bass synth. It was my first time with metal mix. It was difficult.

I tried to mix dark drum with thump kick in parallel comp, metallic snare with saturation and parallel comp (agree for 3-4k) and synths in front just with tightening and eq.
But... my distants guitars made my mix disorganized. Sidechained the bass or/and guitars wasn't sufficient. 

I'll try your technic with gates next time when I'll restart this song. Be focus on low mids, loudness and vocals could be better.

I'll listen to your mix as soon as possible and give you my opinion 

Wink
Ha! if it's the first time you mix metal then you fared much better than I did. And that's ok, man. Nothing is easy in the beginning. According to my family, it took me a couple years just to learn how to walk, and almost 10 years just to make some sense to what I said. I am an expert on the first now, shame that the same can't be said about the latter. Some things are just a bit harder to grasp, but we live and we try, right? Smile.

I have my way of practicing and it works for me. Maybe you'll find it useful. Pick out your favorite songs, something similar to what you'd mix. The bigger names the better. They don't get there being sucky. Choose an instrument and start listen, actively. Pay attention to the sound, everything about it, and ignore (not an easy thing to do) everything else. Do that to all the instruments in the song. Rinse and repeat (many times).

What it does is to train your ears to recognize subtle nuances in a professional mix, gives you an idea what the instrument should sound like in a mix, and how the instruments are treated in that particular mix. You can use the info obtained from your listening and apply to your own mix. It's better to sit and mix having some idea what things should sound like, right? Now you can use the EQ/gates/compressors to beat them down to shape. That will depend on your skills and knowledge. And I can't help you with it, maybe someone else can; I am struggling learning how to use them myself.

Messages In This Thread
Pain Remains - DaimonB - by GoetheX - 17-11-2022, 11:12 AM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by SonicTramp - 21-11-2022, 07:11 PM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by GoetheX - 22-11-2022, 11:29 AM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by SonicTramp - 22-11-2022, 09:16 PM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by GoetheX - 27-11-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by SonicTramp - 29-11-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by GoetheX - 29-11-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by SonicTramp - 30-11-2022, 03:03 AM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by motomojo - 29-11-2022, 04:49 AM
RE: Pain Remains - DaimonB - by GoetheX - 29-11-2022, 06:18 PM