Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B: 'Pain Remains'
Good mix. I think you can afford more mid and lower mid. I think the snare is beautiful and I wish it could be beefier, same with the guitars (they don't seem to cut thru cleanly). I'd work on getting the lower mid from the bass synth and clear some from the melodic synth. They sound like they interfere with the guitars and the snare. I love the snare snap; I'd say give me more! and beefier. I like the thump of the kick but miss the snap of the beater. I heard that this type of music the kick can take some abuse from the HPF. Sometimes they just want the beater so they (pros) push quite hard.

2 things I learn from the internet I want to take a chance and share with you, and if you already knew that's ok others who don't may still benefit, and because "things grow by sharing, and it's not a competition"-Brian May (Queen). (I saw that on TikTok recently): one, the magic is in the midrange, and the other is loudness is a perception and it has less to do with level and more to do with frequencies. I am just beginning to hear and understand that. Good effort. I still enjoy the mix. I found something I like in it.

Messages In This Thread
Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by RolH - 25-09-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by Shul - 25-09-2022, 10:21 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by RolH - 26-09-2022, 11:33 AM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by RolH - 27-09-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 28-09-2022, 12:48 AM