Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B: 'Pain Remains'
(29-09-2022, 08:24 AM)Shul Wrote: What tracks did you use on the snare? and also what processing did you use? In my mix I used a mixture of the sample with the top snare track.. and I got a killer tone in the overall drum sound. Snare is sounding too dry and also it's louder than the main voice. You should consider taking different perspectives when analyzing your mixing approaches. If interested at all in my mix, I could share separate stems for the instrumental so you can get a better idea of how they sound individually.

Your Final1 has solid powerful midrange. And that's good. The only bad pointers that could be fix in my opinion is some volume choices on some tracks.
-snare sounding louder than vocals.. needs to come down a bit.
-There is some type of processing in the voice that is giving it a "masked" feel at points and it's not clean enough to pierce through the mix.
-last but not least.. everything sounds too squashed all together. Did you use a compressor on the master bus? Over compressing sometimes sucks the life out of the instruments.
Thanks man, for leaving a comment. Yeah, man, it's everywhere. I never liked my mixes the day after. Everything is not good enough. I was just in a jam on this song. Nothing I did make it sound good. So out of frustration I sought out help, from anything, anybody.  Well, I "dialed the telephone but no one is home". No help from anybody. I have no choice but to go solo for now until someone takes pity on me and helps out. Then I thought of the gate. (I was running out of option) I know the EQ and what it can do. I barely hear the compressor but also know what it can do. But the gate? All I know is it can cut out noise and shorten the tail end and, if desirable, chop off the front end (the attack). Besides, it's not like I have anything to lose, right? In a way, I am like an addict. I'll do anything to get a good mix even if I have to play with the "lowly" gate Smile.

The EQ and compressors don't seem to help, so the natural next step is going for the gate, mostly out of desperation, tbh. What can one do with the gate? A lot, it turns out. I spent roughly a week learning how to use the gate. I don't say I know how to use it properly yet, but there's always time.

Here is the new mix with the gate in action. No longer I suffer with the synths not showing up and pushing/ swinging, especially the deep evil one. No longer wondering where is the snare and why it's not snappy. And yeah, the guitars, no longer they cover the whole mix like a blanket without letting me making any moves. All that bc of the gate. From here on out the mix can only get better. Right now just let me wipe off my tears to enjoy my fruit of labor, for the next sobbing time is not too far away Smile. It works like a charm, good today but bad tomorrow.

Well, I just want to share that with you bc "things grow by sharing, and it's not a competition!"- B.M (Queen)

Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it. Very kind of you. I'll take you up on it. Thanks.

I usually just mix the song using whatever in the file. My processing is quite simple, just an EQ and a compressor. Sometimes a distortion, but nothing else. Mostly stock but I know them well. FX are just a verb and a couple delays.

Well, I hope you'd- or anyone- have some time to listen to my latest mix and tell me what you think of it. Thanks

.mp3    PainRemainsSonicTrampFinal_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.97 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 29-08-2022, 06:41 AM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by brady85 - 31-08-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 31-08-2022, 08:48 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by brady85 - 31-08-2022, 09:07 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 31-08-2022, 09:56 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by DaumantasB - 31-08-2022, 07:42 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 31-08-2022, 09:33 PM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 03-09-2022, 01:07 AM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 27-09-2022, 08:10 AM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by Shul - 29-09-2022, 08:24 AM
RE: Daimon B: 'Pain Remains' - by SonicTramp - 07-10-2022, 10:45 AM