Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Western Den - Like You Do
Hi!

Hmm. Fair comment!

For this mix I recall my focus was really just on the vocals - trying to get them really up front and seeing what I could get out of them, along with the keys. I think it was that vocal and the arpeggios on the keys that caught my ear on listening to the library mix.

I didn't really have much of a vision for the rest, so I didn't give the other parts much attention and I just tucked everything else in behind the the vocal - which in hindsight I can see was a bit of a mistake.

There is probably a lot more that can be brought out of those other parts and I should maybe have another go at this one to see if I can give equal attention to all parts and make more of a full band mix out of it. I think the drums starts out being played with a brush and are quite atmospheric, and then switches to sticks -all of which I missed and certainly failed to get across. Like wise I'm sure more can be got out of the violin part too.

I'll try and give your mix a listen tomorrow.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
The Western Den - Like You Do - by mikej - 15-08-2022, 09:38 PM
RE: The Western Den - Like You Do - by mikej - 04-01-2023, 08:07 PM