Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C U Next Time - Blackcapaudio mix
Hey all, wanted to tackle this one for fun and it turned out to be a real headscratcher. 

Keeping the guitars powerful but out of the way of the vocal is such a balancing act and I found I got lost quite a bit while working on this, so I'm posting here for posterity and I may revisit at some point down the line.

Anyway I obviously had a nose at the infamous version posted in this forum as a reference but I found that I couldn't get it up to that loudness and I don't have much in the way of samples to augment the drums (used a couple of stock one shots from Logic, but thinking I need to step my game up and get a good library together).

Anyways hope everybody's good and having fun with this one. Gonna take a break from the track for a few days and then pop in and see what everybody else has been doing to this track -  peace!

UPDATE:

After listening to a few other mixes in here I felt inspired to go back and make the guitars a little more aggressive and everything a fraction louder for the hell of it. Leaning into the punch of the drums and the vocal here to make up for some of the deficiencies in the tracks. Thanks y'all!

----------------------------------------------------

THIRD UPDATE: (or is it fourth?)

The remake

Decided to redo this one from scratch to see if I could get it more in line with commercial releases - I've come to realize my original was overhyped in some areas in a lot of ways and I'm trying to unlearn bad habits I've developed that I can hear now. This one I actually tried to be more in line with a CLA mix, used a lot of early-00's pop punk/rock as reference. Thanks!

.mp3    Remember December - blackcapaudio mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

.mp3    Remember December Blackcapaudio mix Ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

.mp3    Remember December remake.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Messages In This Thread
C U Next Time - Blackcapaudio mix - by Blackcapaudio - 24-07-2022, 04:19 AM
RE: C U Next Time - Blackcapaudio mix - by Roy - 27-07-2022, 08:23 PM
RE: C U Next Time - Blackcapaudio mix - by mikej - 25-07-2022, 03:32 PM
RE: C U Next Time - Blackcapaudio mix - by mikej - 26-07-2022, 09:53 PM