Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Simmons - Push and Pull (Nihilistic Glance Mix)
(21-08-2022, 01:25 PM)novalix Wrote: Hi @Mixinthecloud,
thanks for the time you took to listen and your feedback.
I understand that you 're much in favour of the acoustic guitar being featured in this song and i agree. There are perfectly valid reasons for this.
When i listened to the preview mix there was absolutely no doubt to me: The reference of this song is Marc Bolan, Marc Bolan and T-Rex (which is essentially Marc Bolan). What bugged me was a lack of the protopunkish attitude in the voice. With all the BVs the vocals do not seem to center around that sexy, nihilistic creature. They do sound more like a boys choir in a baptist church. That was my first impression.
My second thought: This is not 1973. It is a "modern" production. Why not try to let the band sound a bit like ... let 's say The Black Keys.
I understood those objectives are a perfectly valid reason to get arrested by the audio police, so i got it on.
My approach, let alone the execution, is definitly not striving for reference qualities. Nevertheless i am quite content with how the vocals came out.
I get all that, but it feels like you didn't quite commit to that with all of the instruments. I wanted to hear more of that twisted approach across the board. That's all I'm saying. I wanted to hear more of your ideas there.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mini Simmons - Push and Pull (Nihilistic Glance Mix) - by Mixinthecloud - 21-08-2022, 05:15 PM