Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mistakes - Are We ?
(28-03-2014, 04:48 PM)lolomiel @ le-studambule.com Wrote: So, this is may answer, a new version.

Don't really have much to add here as Skelpolu has already addressed most of what I was going to say, anyway. One thing he didn't comment on, however, was that creepy fading sound at the end of the track. I love that! Very effective! Sustains the mood in such a way that you can still feel it for a moment after the song is over! Nice! Big Grin I do feel the synths are all a little on the loud side for me, though.

I personally love the reverb you added to the kick. However, I also agree with Skelpolu that the reverb on the vocals is a bit too heavy, as is the compression. As anyone who's been following me on this forum will tell you I am not a fan of master buss compression. At all. I personally believe that compression should almost never be used in the master buss, and the exceptions to that rule are very rare. Skelpolu has said that compression is pretty much a requirement of Drum&Bass nowadays, but as he wisely points out if you're going to use compression it shouldn't be obvious, as it is here. I agree with Skelpolu's advice; ditch it for now.

I like the way this is going overall, though! I look forward to your next attempt. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Human Mistakes - Are We ? - by Skelpolu - 28-03-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Human Mistakes - Are We ? - by Pedaling Prince - 14-04-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Human Mistakes - Are We ? - by Skelpolu - 28-03-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Human Mistakes - Are We ? - by pauli - 29-03-2014, 04:34 AM