Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tourism MONKED in 5
(02-07-2022, 05:24 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I don't know, Monk. This is rather lifeless and lacks depth and density. Feels like it was thrown together without much thought. Sounds like my first rough before I had a handle on the content and song. I know you can do better than this.

You are referring to the multi which had already been mixed (read "extensively messed with"), was heavily processed and riddled with non-linear artifacts and phase issues. Anyone who takes these materials and performs yet more processing is contributing/adding significantly more non-linear artifacts resulting in exponential audio/musical degradation.

We cant remove artifacts, hence the term "garbage in, garbage out"; speaking generally I hasten to add.

I could have panned things and shuffled deckchairs, but took the dog out instead.

So I've not mixed this. I lied. The 5 minutes are true, however. The time was spent wisely performing "Due Diligence". The conclusion was to leave it well alone. All I touched was the gain reduction which was no doubt the result of a brickwall limiter being removed leaving behind the resultant clipping input signal?

Regarding your comment on the dynamic? This print is actually more dynamic, objectively speaking, than yours. I take no credit for that though Wink Perhaps the gain reduction threw you somewhat....it's probably about -5dB cooler?

Thanks for dropping by Smile

PS I see you are still habitually upsampling to 48kHz. It is not a multiple, so you are losing data i.e. Music. So many do this around here without understanding the consequences.

If you want to upsample (why bother?), you should go to 88kHz minimum.

Messages In This Thread
Tourism MONKED in 5 - by Monk - 04-04-2022, 04:54 PM
RE: Tourism MONKED in 5 - by Mixinthecloud - 02-07-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: Tourism MONKED in 5 - by Monk - 24-01-2023, 05:07 PM