Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix)
Yeah I get it that referencing mixes can be quite bruising to the old ego... Everyone is different though. For me I found it's really the only way to improve without fooling myself into thinking that my mixes are better than they are. It's a good judge of how far away I am and how much more work I need to put in. It will also help you to figure out the answer to how much limiting, etc to use, how to get your mixes to translate etc...

Another thing is that on the forum in most cases the library mix, and all our mixes are using the same session. (There are the odd cases where the library mix is slightly different - where maybe the drums were re-done or whatever).

So if someone on the forum is getting a killer snare sound or whatever, you know it's possible to achieve, and you can also try asking them how they did it, which might just help you on your way.

Mixing is really hard. I thought Attack-on-mixes put it quite well - mixes are won by inches, and not miles. (I've linked the thread below). We can't expect to get pro mixes straight away, it takes many years of hard work. If you keep working at closing that gap you will hopefully get there.

https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=42024

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix) - by mikej - 10-04-2022, 09:07 AM