Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix)
Hi all,

I posted on some other mixes of this song because yes, I agree everyone should contribute and not just drop their mix for others to critique. That's what community means!

At the same time I have very little experience so I feel like I might be overstepping, but I try. I'm sure we're all doing our best. And thank you very much mikej for keeping this place running!

Back to the mix. I deliberately avoided listening to any other mixes, and even the released track, so I didn't alter my expectations, I wanted to approach it independently. And I like mine better than what was actually released, but now having listened to the mixes I agree it is fairly vanilla and I need to do more.

Thanks for saying "You obviously have been mixing a bit" but really I haven't, beyond my own stuff which is never really finished! I've watched a lot of videos and I think I have the basics but they never really cover how to make something sound /good/ and I guess that's up to the song and mixer. I would be interested to know what the band thought too, but not yet.

I had a lot of trouble with the drums, especially the kick, and yeah it's still too deep.
I really love the sound of the guitar tracks in my good headphones, but it's probably not coming through on speakers. I didn't do much with them, just light compression and EQ.
The bass needs attention too. I put very light saturation on the mix bus and could turn it up some more.

I was planning to do a much more involved mix, even remix, but haven't had time since this post.

Thanks for your notes Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix) - by MalcolmTempt - 07-04-2022, 01:22 PM