Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil_AliveYetFree
(28-07-2022, 03:18 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Hello! The guitar DIs are a squier stratocaster, single coil, with the tone knobs at 10 and 3/4, so it's likely that the brightness you're hearing was actually a roll off on the low end and all the high tone coming through. However, there was no EQ on the DIs themselves! Smile Hope that helps.

I actually really like your mix, I just feel like there's 3 things that could help out.
-Overall, that 4k gotta go down. Seriously. It's very aggressive. Cut 4khz overall and the song feels a lot cleaner!
-Those guitars could benefit from 400hz-500hz being brought up a little, and definitely cut THEIR 4khz. That's where the majority of the harshness is.
-I actually really love the overall mix here, and the guitar tones. They just needed that 4khz wide-ish cut Smile
-The kick could use a WEE bit of 60hz boost.

Overall, I like it, but since the guitars are SCREAMING in 4khz, everything else gets lost behind them. Cut that area and you'll feel SO much better about how everything comes together.
Trust me, I mixed the original haha.
Thank you for your mix!
Hello!

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the info on the guitar DIs! Now it makes sense why the sound so clean and bright. I totally agree about the guitars and the lack of low-mids in the mix. At some point I will work the mix again and fix those screaming guitars haha.

Thanks again. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 23-02-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by w4rrior - 28-07-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 29-07-2022, 11:28 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by aftercutrecords - 28-07-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 29-07-2022, 11:32 PM