Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil_AliveYetFree
Hello everyone!

Today I finished the mix of this song. Really enjoyed this punk-rock/anime/metalcore theme.What I found strange (not in a bad way) were the guitar DIs. They are so so clean and they have a lot of high end.Were they going through an EQ while recording them ? If anybody knows leave a comment. Being so bright I think it effects how the sound will come from an amplifier and cab and you got to be careful with how much gain and treble you add. That was a small challenge for me, to find a ballanced amp sim/cab combination.
As always I added some plugins to my master track, to make everything more cohesive and increase the volume/loudness. One of them is ThrillSeeker from Variety of Sound. This thing is amazing. It adds body, air , width and saturation over your whole mix. But it is doing it in a subtle way and you have a lot of control over it and how much you want from each ellement. I highly suggest that you try it

Also I am not 100% satisfied with how the lead vocals sit in the mix. Nonetheless I am happy with the result.

Enjoy and leave a comment! Cool

.mp3    AliveYetFree_MIX_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

Messages In This Thread
MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 23-02-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by w4rrior - 28-07-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 29-07-2022, 11:28 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by aftercutrecords - 28-07-2022, 03:18 PM
RE: MekaPhil_AliveYetFree - by MakisD - 29-07-2022, 11:32 PM