Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want_The Brew
(12-02-2022, 08:05 PM)roy Wrote: I'm butting in but just to jump off of fuzzbox's comments:
-Yeah, I'm not noticing any humming or resonance or anything. to saying it's not there but I could just be missing it. [Edit: yeah, there is some guitar pickup/ground noise that I notice before the song but not during the song. It's fairly subtle. I think if the mix was trimmed to start right at the first notes the noise wouldn't catch anyone's ear.]
-I agree about the vocals and think they could be louder/more out in front but accept that this was a choice. Still, I think they could be more upfront and different genres could have different vocal levels.
-I like the snare verb. It's got an 80s vibe but doesn't feel cheesy and fits the song. Or at least it works for me.
-The brightness feels fine. It could have a bit more high end/openness/clarity or whatever but it feels fine as is and I'd say it works as a punt to whatever a mastering engineer would do. Let them worry about that. As a mix this feels like the job was done.
Hi, thanks for the comment!

About the humming, I thought that Fuzzbox was talking about something else and not the humming from the main guitar. I gave it a listen again and to be honest you got to play the song at a fairly high volume and just then it will become somewhat annoying. However a few seconds after, the other instruments kick in and it practically disappears and you won't ever hear it again. Also I don't know if I could do something about it because it  seems to be from the recording stage.
 What you say about the mastering stage is true. I am faking the mastering stage by adding some plugins to the mix bus to make things sound more glued, clear some stuff out, and increase the volume. I am trying to mix these songs to a day or two so that I don't burn out my ears and lose perspective of the song and what sounds good or not. I need more practice to judge with certainty the mixes that I do and make the 'right' decisions on the mastering stage. That's why I am posting those mixes so I get commets and feedback, so thanks for that.

Messages In This Thread
What I Want_The Brew - by MakisD - 10-02-2022, 04:50 PM
RE: What I Want_The Brew - by fuzzbox - 11-02-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: What I Want_The Brew - by MakisD - 12-02-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: What I Want_The Brew - by Roy - 12-02-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: What I Want_The Brew - by MakisD - 12-02-2022, 09:54 PM