Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crownoise - Dying light
Yes this is quite a challenging mix. I do really like the high gain guitar sound you got here. I think I might have cut a bit too much of the top end noise out on my go at this.

Yeah I think I agree with the comments here. Perhaps just a little re-balance of the drums (maybe some additional samples) and a bit of splatty reverb on the snare would help a lot. I also agree the orchestra part could do with a bit more balancing work - to get the right sort of feel. I found it was quite tough to fit everything in there at the end of the mix.

For me, I find if I have that sort of nagging feeling that the mix is not yet quite right - and I am getting bit stuck - I try not to just let it go. I find it helps to take a decent break and just go back to the mix later and keep on chipping away at it. Listening away from the computer can help too - so I can concentrate just on listening and identifying the problems - rather than tweaking. I also find listening to commercial mixes in the same sort of genre can help a lot - to get ideas and things.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
crownoise - Dying light - by crownoise - 30-01-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: crownoise - Dying light - by motomojo - 05-02-2022, 12:13 AM
RE: crownoise - Dying light - by crownoise - 08-02-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: crownoise - Dying light - by mikej - 06-03-2022, 07:39 PM