Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Psychopath - final version
(02-02-2022, 09:42 PM)Maverelli Wrote: Interesting to hear your master of the provided mix, as I have been working on mixing this one, I hope to post soon.

The mix provided sounds cool to me, nice forward guitar tones, the drums are tight but way too far back in the mix for my taste. I guess the mix vision was to feature the guitars up front, which is fair enough, it works.

Your master though brings the mix to life. I realise how dull the mix was, I think you have retained the vibe with this master and really opened it up. I want to hear more low end though, bit more 60Hz energy in the kick perhaps.  Although, the mix is all about the guitar sound. My mix approach is a bigger drum sound. Maybe you should master it!

Cheers.
It's definitely about the mix itself. It would probably need some advanced multi-band dynamic processing to be able to have both heavier drums and present guitars, at least in this case. GL mixing, let me know when you post it

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Psychopath - final version - by 401kBC - 11-11-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: The Psychopath - final version - by 401kBC - 11-11-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: The Psychopath - final version - by Maverelli - 02-02-2022, 09:42 PM
RE: The Psychopath - final version - by MakeMixingGreatAgain - 03-02-2022, 12:24 AM