Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
Hi,

I've just listened to mix 5. 

Well, for what it's worth - the good news is that I think the mix is really quite good aside from the bass issue. So lets see if we can figure out what the issue is between us.

I've attached a file, roughly level matched to -6db with a section of your mix_5 first, then a section of my mix.  In theory you should notice a big difference in the sub bass, around 60Hz.  Play the file in your DAW and check the frequency spectrum.  You should notice on a spectrum analyser that the low end more or less balances with the top end.

Now - Does the second half of the file sound like it has too much bass to you? Or not much different?

I have a couple of thoughts (I'll have another read back through this thread in a bit):

I assume the speakers do have bottom end from what you have been saying and from our previous discussions.

- You could be hearing too much bass in your current position in the room, so it sounds fine to you, but bass light to us.  You might be able to compensate for this by moving things around a bit, or perhaps by rolling off the bass on your speakers if you have a bass rolloff switch.  Might be interesting to know what you have these set to.

- You might not realise how much bass you can put in the mix around 60Hz (unlikely, but you never know - took me a while to figure it out).

I hope the attached file will be of some practical use anyway.

Cheers!

.mp3    sonic-tramp-bass-issue.mp3 --  (Download: 761.22 KB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by mikej - 29-09-2021, 11:40 PM