Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
(29-09-2021, 07:17 AM)LucasĀ Alber Wrote:
(28-09-2021, 11:43 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: *Thanks Lucas Alber for rescuing me from a world of hurt. I was about to call an audiologist for an appointment bc it ain't cool, man. A complete loss of bottom end is something to cry about. Yeah, in this business it means death to the mixer, specifically, me. That also means CLA is keeping that throne warm but not for me, the hope and dream of my little life. Ain't life a bitch? As you can see, quite a serious matter. So I did what a sane mixer would do, made a copy of the mix, sent it to my phone, brought it to my car to play. No, not that drastic. The bass is fine. My ears are fine. That means I have no choice but to argue with these guys and risk being...whatever to them. But 2 out of 2? That can't be wrong, can it? For the benefit of the doubt I spent a bit of time and effort to move my speakers around and see. No, not that either. I can hear some gain/loss in some places but nothing I care about. Then I started to panic. Yeah, man, nothing feels as bad as seeing your hope and dream slipping all the way to the sewer keeping company with the feces. So I did what I usually do when stressed out, took a long hit from the bong accompanied with a small little shot to wash it down while contemplating my next scam to bring back the bass. Then I got your post. Then another hit but for different purposes.
Btw, when you said "massive drop" can it be interpret as a massive rise for the chorus? Is that a problem? The mix is still in good flow, right? Or not? Anyway, thanks for stepping in and save me from undeserved miseries. Cheers!

(I was commenting on Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_3.mp3)
To be honest, I missed the impact. It feels like a compressor/limiter is turned off at that moment. Normally, I do not recommend looking at waveforms, but on yours you can clearly see what is happening, so maybe have a look.

Edit: But Yes, Y's Man is right, you are loosing most of the loudness in the low end.
*That's alright, man. We all hear things slightly differently, and that's not a problem. What worried me was all the adjectives being used (extreme loss, super loud, etc). Usually, those are to look for, right? So that worried me a great deal. Yeah, I lost some impact on 1 hit right after the break. I knew that but couldn't find the track, just too many FX and only 1 hit, not to mention track count. I found it and brought it up a bit and all is fine.
One thing I should mention tho. Some of us, me included, I make a huge assumption here, are not quite confident on our mixes. When commenting one should try to be correct in both listening and describing. For example, if I listened to your mix, I did, and wrote that your guitars are completely buried in the mix and that your mixbus comp is crushing your mix, while both are not true, would raise your doubt about your mix, your hearing, your room, and your skill or mine. They bring much heartaches than one can imagine.

Anyway, thanks for spending the time. On the brighter side of thing, I readjust my position and found a better place. Gave it another try and see. I am still in the process of treating my room, and each time I find a new position I do a mix and try to hear the differences. The mix you heard was among one of them. Now you know why it worried me. Moving heavy stuffs around alone with a brand new hardwood floor is harder than one may think. Thanks.

.mp3    Brian C Cai Fei Hong-neverletyougo-sonictramp_5.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by SonicTramp - 29-09-2021, 07:13 PM