Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'TimelessV5'
Hi!

Listening to V4

Overall it sounds very smooth and the overall frequency balance has a good shape to it.

Personally not sure about the rhythm guitar sound - seems a little buzzy and could be better defined maybe I think - kind of needs just a touch more tone and maybe a little cut to let the vocals through? I feel the vocals could maybe do with a touch of mid range too, to lift them out a bit perhaps? I dunno - I guess I feel that guitar and the vocals are kind of fighting for the same frequency space in the mids a little. Maybe just lowering the volume of the guitars a touch might do the trick, not sure.

I dunno - this is certainly a bit of a challenging one. I'm perhaps a little burned out on this one right now too, and I know we are using different refs - so my comments might not be of much use. Do let me know your thoughts all the same. I also really appreciate the posting of the different versions as the mix progesses too. Anyway, keep at it!!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'TimelessV5' - by 401kBC - 27-08-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'TimelessV4' - by mikej - 01-09-2021, 10:35 PM