Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's the day
Hi MikeJ,
No need to apologize. We all have our own lives to tend to. I get that. I am grateful that you even reach out to help, and the Good Lord knows I need it. I can almost feel the sympathy you have for the struggle we all must endure, and I appreciate it. It's o.k., my friend, I am just taking my share, and even though a little bloody but I am still alive Smile. I am barely getting my feet wet, not painful enough to let out a scream...yet! Like everyone else, I guess I just have to suck it up and keep learning. And yes, it takes a bit to make me cry too, and no, I am never too smart to learn, and whatever ego I have for myself, for use in time of need, especially when I am utterly defeated in an argument with my gf, was shot to pieces ever since I enter in this profession. Mixing has a way of humbling one's self and destroying one's ego. Mine is down there safe and sound and peaceful 6 feet under.

No, I never thought you rained in my parade when you suggested the sub. That you wouldn't do. You're just too cool for that. The reason I kinda resisted the idea was 2 folds. First, yep, the pocket is getting emptier by the day and, second, I thought I didn't need it since my woofers are 8", the same as the sub I looked at that can pair with my set. After a little digging to make sure, I found that even though I have 8" woofer but it has to share the mid and the low (on hindsight: duh!). A sub would just take the low and reject the mid (depends on setting, cut-off freq or cross-over freq). So I guess by having the sub my set up would be 3 ways instead of 2 ways. That info plus your recommendation can only persuade me to do it. Though not right away. Even Rome wasn't build in one day, right? I need some time to train first. Parting company with the cash is never a happy occasion for me, and prying it out of my gf's hand needs special skill, time, and patience Smile So yeah. I think I need proper tools to learn properly. Thanks for the recommendation.

Yeah, man, I am still playing around with the speakers and try to learn their sonic characteristics. I switch sitting and monitors' positions to find the best spot to listen. Each time I do I perform a mix and save it for later analysis. Of course each time I do it I do with your and others' critiques in mind and try to pinpoint where the problem is. My learning process is very unstructured, unlike a traditional school with guidelines and levels. I learn as I go, and most of the time I even don't know where the Hell I am going. So yeah, throw anything (not sharp) at me, man. If it helps my mix get better, I'll do it. There is no shame in learning. Not to me. Thanks. I'll upload another one later when I am finished. I'd appreciate your thoughts on it if possible. Thanks in advance.
Also I want to thank you for included the links. Wow! thanks a lot. I am always grateful learning new things, especially in music.

Messages In This Thread
Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 24-07-2021, 07:29 AM
RE: Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 27-07-2021, 06:49 AM
RE: Today's the day - by NotJack - 28-07-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 30-07-2021, 07:33 AM
RE: Today's the day - by mikej - 30-07-2021, 11:01 PM
RE: Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 01-08-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 08-08-2021, 08:28 AM
RE: Today's the day - by Monk - 17-09-2021, 08:18 AM
RE: Today's the day - by mikej - 08-08-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Today's the day - by SonicTramp - 14-08-2021, 09:30 AM
RE: Today's the day - by mikej - 20-08-2021, 04:35 PM