Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!Update - mITc's Feeling Nostalgic - Updated!!!
Hello Cambridge Community.
I have been away for a while mostly working on non-Cambridge data and the recent Lewitt Challenge. I needed a break after that. Did anyone else participate?

Anyway, when I listened to the demo track of this my first reaction was that there is a beautiful vocal performance of a great melody and lyric buried under the special effects. So with a concentration on the vocal my focus, I went to work and produced this. It is lush elevator music. Not to dennegrate the musicians, they are excellent and the vocalist a treasure.

I have been enamored of late with the Puigchild 670 Stereo Compressor which I have been using on my master buss for the last few songs. Typically I do not use a discreet compressor on the master buss, only limiting. I am going through a 'compression phase' on my master buss, so please bear with me and please let me know what you think of the final results.
My mastering chain has remained the same.

As always, opinions, questions, comments are all encouraged.

Happy listening,
mITc

Strobe - Nostalgic

Strobe - Nostalgic - Mix 1
This mix actually predates the first mix in the list. With a different pan on the acoustic it brings better tonality with it.

Strobe - Nostalgic - Mix 2b
I tamed this mix to an even more elevator music vibe. Still kinda cool. Great vocalist. I also tried, as suggested by RoyM to add some tone to the guitar. I'm hoping I struck a balance in this mix between tone and percussive impact.  It is what it is. Probably a scosche too much verb on the lead vocal on some verses.

.mp3    Strobe - Nostalgic -Mix 2b.mp3 --  (Download: 5.72 MB)

.mp3    Strobe - Nostalgic.mp3 --  (Download: 5.73 MB)

.mp3    Strobe - Nostalgic - Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.78 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
!!!Update - mITc's Feeling Nostalgic - Updated!!! - by Mixinthecloud - 07-07-2021, 10:54 PM
RE: mITc's Feeling Nostalgic - by Roy - 07-07-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: mITc's Feeling Nostalgic - by Mixinthecloud - 07-07-2021, 11:39 PM