Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MekaPhil - Alive Yet Free mix and master
Hi! Thank you very much for the tracks! It was a lot of fun to try a different, yet cool sound for your song. Smile

1. Yeah...I made my gain staging on the guitars a little off balance. I can fix that by re-balancing it and making the guitars a bit more equal.
2. Thanks! STL Tones Howard Benson is just so good on rhythms and leads, but the rhythm impulses really bring the guitars up a notch.
3. During mastering, I did a high shelf of 2.4db at 14k. Typically, I don't go past 3db, especially during mastering, but I'll see why the 6-20ks aren't hitting. It's probably something I forgot to do. Speaking of which...
4. On that screaming part, I put my 1176 emulator on bypass. Oops...I'll fix it.

As for tracking bass, for controlling tranisents, I like to hit it with a preamp to a rack compressor. Going in, I like to have a 4:1 ratio with a medium to slow attack and slowest release. You do want the "pluck" sound of the bass, but also have the low end be round as well. When tracking bass, I also typically have two to three tracks in. One for DI, one for a sans amp (if you don't have one of these, you can skip it), and one for either an amp with a Beta52 or equivalent or an amp sim. And don't forget to high pass filter the bass at around 55 to 70 htz. Smile

Once again, thank you for the kind words and suggestions. I'll post a version 2 when I have some time to work on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MekaPhil - Alive Yet Free mix and master - by brandon_parker - 09-07-2021, 03:15 AM