Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Four Graham - 1ws Mix
Hi!

Great mix! Nicely polished.

Thanks for sharing the story behind the two mixes too. It really highlights what I mentioned in that other thread about knowing where you are at and where you want to get to. Got to have the tenacity to stick with it and really work at it. It is not an easy thing, and you have to kind of tread your own path.

You can hear in the first mix where you wanted to get to, but were pushing it a little bit with balance and eq in slightly the wrong way to get the result you wanted, does that make sense?

The first mix isn't bad though and is quite interesting - I can hear in that mix you were really trying hard to get everything clear and present, especially with the drums.

I find it kind of difficult to explain, and I don't think it is as quite as obvious as it seems until one begins to really 'get it'. As I am currently finding you really do have to learn how to use balance and contrast (volume & frequency) to your advantage so you are not having to fight everything so much to get things where you want.

I think that is kind of the main difference between the two mixes, if that makes sense? I mean for example from my experience so far I thought I knew what was meant by getting a good initial balance, but I am finding I didn't really fully understand.. and my mixes are just starting to get a little better I feel. Not sure if that makes sense? I'm kind of projecting a bit as to where I feel I am at I suppose.

Anyway, I suspect a lot of work, frustration, and those great little breakthrough moments between those two mixes.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Four Graham - 1ws Mix - by aftercutrecords - 29-05-2021, 04:34 AM
RE: Four Graham - 1ws Mix - by mikej - 21-06-2021, 01:23 AM