Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No samples guys, it's possible!!!!
(01-06-2021, 10:02 AM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Grzesiek! I preferer the second mix over the first, the bass seems more detailed. Also as mike mentioned before its easy to care to much about bleed. I know its a very hard thing to handle, but if you can use the bleed to your advantage you are on a very right way to a top notch mix, if you somehow figure out the eq-puzzle and all that. But ye i do agree gates can work well but for me they are so timeconsuming and hard to set right for that matter, so i think i easier loose conception of the overall balances when using them rather then not. I like both mixes you got here.
Thanks for the comment! There is no other difference between these 2 mixes expect the fact that on the first one I used Oxford drum gate and on the second I didn't. I would say the difference between the two is minor but it's just easier and more consistent with Oxford. 
I agree with the statement that you can make the bleed to work on your favour however, often times we are working with bad recording where bleed doesn't add anything except harsh hi-hat leftovers. My point is that I just wanted to test this plugin on some nasty drum recording, like this song (which is still cool).

Messages In This Thread
No samples guys, it's possible!!!! - by Grzesiek - 28-05-2021, 11:35 PM
RE: No samples guys, it's possible!!!! - by Grzesiek - 05-06-2021, 01:28 AM