Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Again with another free mix!
Sup guys!!!!

Long time since i've posted here, so i decided to come back with this banger of a tune. I do remember mixing a song from the same band (https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=31616) and i should say: that is some serious development!!! quad tracked guitars, drums (i think) were made in GGD invasion, really well performed vocals... props to the guys in the band, they nailed it in this one.

As the mixing goes, this one was a bit on the trickier side. Double kick parts and chugging low tuned guitars are a powerful combination, but get out of hand when not controlled properly... and for sure, that was one of the most difficult things to get right: it seemed like you had the choice between a Kick with lots of low end and attack but too loud when getting in the fast parts, or a good in the fast parts but weak and thin kick in the other parts of the song. Some TDR Nova to compress just the low end of the kick almost necessary in order for this mix to work.

Another problem was the amount of snare, kick, and tom bleed in the OH & Room mics... i generally like it, but when it comes to fast death metal, it's better to keep things under control, and oh boy i had to take some drastic measures to get this right... 2 or 3 notches in the OH & Room mics weren't enough: had to cut around 300-400 int the drum bus to get the "muddy leftovers" from theses tracks as well as the direct mics.

Guitars are sooooooooo good!! it's pretty hard to not get a good sound with them, especially when they're recorded this tight. In some parts, instead of turning up the volume, i decided to add a light chorus+saturation combo just to get that extra loudness feeling.

Not so much to talk about vox, bass and the other tracks, since they're already good 2 go with some EQ & Compresion. i mean you need to dial the bass tone, and in this case it was a mixture between 3 sounds:

1. DI (H-E-A-V-Y with limiting)
2. Clean Tone (T.S.E. BOD)
3.Grit Tone (T.S.E O.D 808 + Ignite Amps Bass Amp + Bass Cab IR)

But that's all there's to it. In the Master Bus i've put a free instance of Ozone i got when it came out, and that things makes wonders... mix is super loud and transients are well preserved!!

Hope ya'll like it!!

PS: Not confident about the kick's low-end, but i think that's all i could do for now...
UPDATE #1: Mix #2 now with the proper low-end + vox and solo guitars extra ambience!

.mp3    The Crown.mp3 --  (Download: 13.95 MB)

.mp3    The Crown 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.95 MB)

Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh

Messages In This Thread
Again with another free mix! - by Peppermark - 28-05-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: Again with another free mix! - by js32shred - 31-05-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Again with another free mix! - by Peppermark - 31-05-2021, 05:57 PM
RE: Again with another free mix! - by Peppermark - 31-05-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Again with another free mix! - by Shul - 05-06-2021, 05:55 AM