Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I got to Memphis
I really struggled with this song. Tried to use "Amarillo by Morning" by George Strait as a reference but some raw musical elements are missing from this multitrack, IMHO, so I tried a few things to see how it would work out.   Also, sending vocal tracks with pre-loaded effects makes fixing intonation very problematic. If I had a choice, we would have received an unprocessed track so we could do our own effects but whatever - the price is right and the artist is a gem for letting us play with his song so this is an observation and not a complaint by any means.

If I were to give it some more time (because my ears are tired now):

1) I lose the vocals in a few places, they take over in a few places.  Would fix.

2) I might just re-track the bass line in addition to my other modifications.  Not happy with how it sits - I try not to mess with the bass levels too much once I set them because those changes can have unpredictable effects and the bass line is causing problems with the arrangement.

3) The snare caused me some strain and I'd probably tinker with the levels on the click and snare.

Otherwise, it kind of sounds like a country song now (I think). Let me know your thoughts.

.mp3    Memphis-005.mp3 --  (Download: 3.73 MB)

Messages In This Thread
How I got to Memphis - by DiscoDynamo - 01-05-2021, 08:25 PM
RE: How I got to Memphis - by crissmichaels - 05-05-2021, 08:32 PM
RE: How I got to Memphis - by crissmichaels - 06-05-2021, 01:46 PM
RE: How I got to Memphis - by DiscoDynamo - 10-05-2021, 07:42 PM
RE: How I got to Memphis - by crissmichaels - 10-05-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: How I got to Memphis - by DiscoDynamo - 22-05-2021, 06:20 PM