Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Hi!

I did check out your mix earlier in the day, but I was listening on earbuds and wanted to give it a proper listen on the speakers before commenting.

I think the instrument balance is good, but for me the overall frequency balance of the mix still needs some work. The mix is quite bright, and a little 'lightweight' I think for me. It needs a little more weight in the 300Hz region, and a little less brightness in the 3k+ range. Not sure if you've just cut a little too much out of that 300Hz area out of everything or something?

I suspect that most of the brightness is coming from the snare, and the cymbals. I think you can tuck the cymbals into the mix a bit more, and also make the snare slightly darker - maybe add some 200Hz and take some of the top end off, or so and go from there, maybe?

Also you might want to see if you can get the low end of the bass under control a little more, you know, even it out a little perhaps?

It's a deceptively tricky mix this one, and it does seem to somehow lend itself to overly bright mixes for some reason. Well, it did for me anyway.

With some careful adjustments with regard to tone, you should end up with a decent result here. Just my thoughts. What do you think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 28-04-2021, 02:52 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 30-04-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 30-04-2021, 07:39 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 03-05-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by mikej - 03-05-2021, 09:38 PM