Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH: You Me and the Radio
Yeah not bad! This mix is really not as easy as it first seems - in my opinion anyway.

Not sure that the snare takes up too much space as such, but I think it could maybe be a shade darker perhaps so it is not fighting with the vocal quite as much maybe, could be it just needs a little less snare bottom.

Yes, maybe the vocal could do with just a little more sense of space (verb) as per Mixinthecloud's thoughts. I wonder if a touch of some parallel compression on the vocal might do the trick.

Can't quite put my finger on it - you've got everything sounding really clear and seperated.... Not sure if adding a little 300Hz ish or so on the master might round the mix out a bit more, and add just a touch more weight to help the mix really gel. Kind of blur the edges a little bit sort of thing?

Yeah, not sure if it just needs a touch more reverb overall... or something like just a little less highpassing on some elements. It's more of an artistic feel thing, rather than a technical thing as such I think. Hard to explain really. The library mix really works together as mix rather than a well sculpted collection of individual parts. Your mix is good, but I feel it somehow needs just a little extra touch of *something* to really pull it all together, nothing major, just a little.

Not sure if any of this makes any sense, or is of any help really, but it is what springs to mind by way of some thoughts and suggestions of things that might be worth trying.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
PH: You Me and the Radio - by Pete Hughes - 18-04-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by heinim - 18-04-2021, 09:13 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by Mixinthecloud - 19-04-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by mikej - 20-04-2021, 08:35 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by Universe Man - 02-05-2021, 08:09 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by Pete Hughes - 05-05-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: PH: You Me and the Radio - by mikej - 06-05-2021, 09:54 PM