Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A surprisingly tricky - 1 of the First
Hey MTC, nice one. nice to hear a different genre being presented. listened too you mix a couple of times over to get a good feel for the intension of this piece ,and also read above comments. I have not listen to preview track.

I love your chosen tone of this piece and I think this is right for this type of piece of music; I want to be chilled ,laid back ,in the dark , speakers up. you have created the tone for that listening experience.

my critique is MPT.... all good on image choice. element balance, nice jazz feel laid back drums, ;; snare top end, only in intro, to much ; maybe snare needs to be quieter just at that point.
If piano low mids could be reduced to make bass carry low end not sure if that is verb or tone of element ,just to clear a slight build up.

Acoustic guitar I would dump it.... or cut 2k through to 2000hz or bury it so soft, It gives nothing to the arrangement ,it is distracting and badly recorded. ( not your fault).

I would like to hear ever element is same room,; not to much so.
The sax, we all have our personal taste, I think IT SOUND LUSH AS IS ;BUT, for me I would search for those magic FQs that just separates it form the rest of the brass section.
nice balance of brass elements , nice that the trumpet not bleeding my ears.

All in all nice one ,nice work. l
listened with buds, sounding good on translation.

Keep on keeping on .

Messages In This Thread
RE: A surprisingly tricky - 1 of the First - by Rustyruss - 18-04-2024, 06:57 PM