Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You, Me and the Radio and mITc's Take
I've never seen the Human Radio album cover but that is exactly how I'd expect it to look.

It works. I think the kick and snare could be bigger. Maybe the kicks at the top trick the ear to thinking it's there more than it is but when the toms are playing the kick and snare seem in the back. Is the fundamental of the kick too low? I can't tell on the earbuds. Maybe I'm missing some energy that's happening in the mid 50 hz range that's adding something I'm not getting.The snare might be ok, level wise but maybe too tight, but I'm a rebel in this aspect. I just want a little more air and space for it. The cymbals are fine.
I don’t love the vocal effects but that’s a personal thing. Those exact vocal effects ran away with my girlfriend and I’m still bitter.
There might be some midrange conflict with the vocals and guitars. Not that I should say anything. The vocals had too much harshness in my mix. I still can't let it go. I have issues.
I love the BgVx sound. Nice and big.
The piano and organ might be fighting. Maybe if the organ had more stereo spin that would open up the center space for the piano.
The bass is good. Maybe some 200hz-300hz could come back? I'm just being greedy.
On a second listen, there are synths. They're ok.
I think that's it. It sounds good. I might just be nit picking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You, Me and the Radio and mITc's Take - by Roy - 16-03-2021, 11:25 PM