Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix
I have a lot of drum bleed, and hum in the guitar tracks. I just downloaded one again, and listened to it in Windows Media Player, and there's a lot of drums on it - and some hum. It also sounds like it was recorded with compression on it.
I noticed that the phase is different on the guitar mics later in the song too, Bring them both up, and then mono out your master bus and they really change. The Overheads and Leslie are labeled "L" and "R" - but the piano and guitars are labeled "1a" and "1b." I wonder if they were mid-side mic'd and one of the mics has to be phase reversed?
I think I'll just pull all the plugins off the tracks and se if maybe one of them is causing issues.
Thanks again

(28-02-2021, 02:58 AM)RoyM Wrote: Interesting. I didn't notice a ton of bleed besides in the guitar mics. I kinda used it as the guitar/snare reverb send. The two guitar mics are close to being in phase until the end distorted section where the guitar does disappear. I'm guessing something in the guitar setup reversed the polarity to one of the amps when he kicked on the overdrive or something like that. I moved that section to separate tracks to have more control over anyway.
Overall I thought everything was fairly well recorded and straight forward. The lead vocal tone gets pretty harsh at the end when he's kinda riffing. Those were the only real issues I found though.

Edit: Oh and if you're curious my mix is here:
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=37842

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Scooter Trash - 28-02-2021, 03:45 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 04:06 AM