Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix
Thank you for the honest feedback Roy.
I'm not sure if it was a live recording or not, but there's a LOT of bleed in the mics, so it's a lot like mixing live. I wanted to use some chorus and spring reverb on the guitar, but there's so much drum bleed in the guitar tracks that I couldn't really put anything on the guitar. Also, there were two guitar tracks, and when I tried to use both of them, they canceled each other out when I mono'd the mix. Didn't check the phase correlation - just used only one of the mics. I agree that it's over-compressed. I think the LUFS were somewhere around -7 1/2 on the mastering compressor at the end of the chain. The song gets very loud and busy in the second half. I probably should have edited the envelopes on some of the tracks and/or spent some time automating. Also; I'm working in an untreated room with KRK Rokit 6 monitors so I have a difficult time guessing how my mixes are going to translate. I have a pair of Seneheiser HD 600 cans on the way that SHOULD help a bit until I can get better monitors and treat the room..
I'd appreciate it if you get back to me after you import the tracks. I'd be interested to hear what challenges you had with the tracks, and I'd love to hear your mix!
Thanks for listening and taking the time to respond. 

Edit: The lead vocal was panned center, but some of the backing vocals are panned right.. I just listened to it with iPhone ear buds, and the lead vocal sounds like it's up and center to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Scooter Trash - 28-02-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: Freddy V - "Not Alone" - My mix - by Roy - 28-02-2021, 04:06 AM