Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Siren' + Master
Well I figured I'd give this one a go, spent about 4 to 5 hours on it.
Let me know what you think Smile

UPDATE v2

Another 5 or so hours down and polished up some more things
Spread the stereo field and gave the song a better phantom center
Cut out the 50hz muddiness and tried to push the side chain compressors on the synths harder
Sent the bass to another track and raised it 1 octave. Makes the bass feel better

Happy mixing Smile

UPDATE 3

Mastered it with all Acoustica Audio plugins Smile

I truly realize that it's not the equipment that makes the difference, but the ears completely.
I mostly used free plugins (Reaper) besides the few subtle FX I wanted to add or reverb's.
The mastering was with Acoustica Plugins which are extremely nice and costly, but its ironic that they only have a 10% maybe 5% edge over other plugins that are completely free. Most people can never tell the sound quality difference between the expensive stuff and free stuff in a full mix, and that's because it's only FELT.

It's really impressive how terrible I've heard some tracks sound on there own, and some mixers can blend that one piece of the whole vision, to sit perfectly right out of the speaker with everything else. That's what made me fall in love with some many more genres and styles of music, more than I ever would have without mixing.

.mp3    Siren.mp3 --  (Download: 15.74 MB)

.mp3    Siren2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.74 MB)

.mp3    Siren_MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 15.74 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Siren' + Master - by 401kBC - 07-02-2021, 11:07 AM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Siren' - by 401kBC - 08-02-2021, 05:11 AM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Siren' - by heinim - 08-02-2021, 10:52 PM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Siren' - by 401kBC - 09-02-2021, 02:56 AM