Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue me
First mix. Comments welcome. Thanks for the listen.

*Forgot about this song until someone left a message. So I went back and polished it up according to critiques. I was able to clean up the boxy bass, reinforce the drums, worked on the mandolin, especially where the low notes were playing. Let me know what you think if you have time. Thanks.

(3rd Version)

*the mandolin nagged me to no end, reeked with mud and bled with almost full blown snare and vox making my mix muddy and definitely not sexy. HP aggressively, good lord, all the way to 400Hz, where the snare ends and the mandolin begins. The mud went away. The mix seems thinner but that's alright. I can live with it. I'd thicken it some other ways. One down, a few thousands more to go Smile.

*Didn't think the mix was wide enough. Strapped a stock "stereo width" and played with it until it got wider.

*I wanted big room but the delay is killing me, too clean and clear, very unnatural. Side chained it using the vox, I was able to make it swell only after the vocal ends. Sounded a bit better.

Those were the 3 major things I have done among countless smaller moves, mostly masking issues.

It usually took me roughly 5-7 mixes to get to where I really wanted. Nowadays it takes about 3-4 Smile. So I still have one more try. Thanks for the listen. If you're interested, you can listen back to older mixes and see the progress. Listening skill is essential in this business.

.mp3    rescue me-Sonictramp-1-27-21_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

.mp3    rescue me-Sonictramp-2-22-21_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

.mp3    rescue me-Sonictramp-2-22-21_2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Rescue me - by SonicTramp - 27-01-2021, 12:15 PM
RE: Rescue me - by heinim - 28-01-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: Rescue me - by SonicTramp - 28-01-2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Rescue me - by heinim - 28-01-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: Rescue me - by chuck moe - 19-02-2021, 04:03 AM
RE: Rescue me - by SonicTramp - 19-02-2021, 05:49 AM