Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done.....
(27-01-2014, 06:17 PM)Voelund Wrote: If I look at the mix aesthetically i miss the roomtracks a lot and the drums "caboomph" at 0.28 is a free exciter if turned up in lvl. This is the kind of mix where drawin attention to whatever instrument plays an exciting or textreflectin noise can create an allmost magical atmosphere and fader ridin is so much fun. In my opinon that is :-)
In my mix i made a virtue out of listenin through the difrent tracks and findin whatever phrases i liked or thought reflected the lyrics and turn them up, only so they didnt conflict with either voice or guitar solo.

This is the kind of suggestion to either ignore if youre satisfied with your mix or try out, if you want to try it with another approach.

I second this. When we were mixing these tracks, I was noting where the cool parts were hitting and made sure to turn up the fader. I did more of this on the other tune "Flesh&Bone", particularly with the accordion.

On this tune, that drum hit at 0:28 and 0:45 is a good example. If I was mixing this again I'd bump up the piano at 1:02 leading up to the drum hits. THe lead guitar in between the vocals on the second verse. The high bass line fills. It'd be great to hear some of the moments when the pedal steel moves a bit. It is mostly there as a pad, but it can have it's moments too.

Any time the vocal isn't hitting, what is the most exciting thing going on elsewhere. Bump that up a bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done..... - by WesleyMorgan - 13-05-2014, 11:17 PM