Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done.....
Let me start by saying I like the bones of this mix. Nice vibe and sonic impression. Listening in mono the guitar in the beginning of the song is hard to hear. It is also much thinner than the rest of the mix which is very thick from 80 to 120Hz. A really good tape emulation may help this. I think a tube emu. may add to the harshness. The lowend lacks detail. May be from the build up from 80Hz to 120Hz. The texture of the mix is very good. I really like the dense analog sound. Just went a little to far with it. Listening at 79, 83, and 85 ref levels, I would recommend 83 for this style of music, the vocal sounds too loud and forward on the soft domes, metal domes and paper mono speaker. It takes away from the perception of size. Makes the mix sound (SMALL). Not very wide or deep. This song has the potential to extend outside the left and right speakers and deeper behind. There is about a 10db dip in the in averaged response curve starting around 150Hz to 400Hz center around 250Hz. There is also a 10 to 15db narrow spike just above around 420Hz. The guitar on the right starts to digitally distort from the middle to the end of the song. Sound like the brickwall limiter was pushed a little to hard. The meters are reacting like there may be a soft clipper in there also. All that said. This mix is very close to being awesome. One of the best I have heard so far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done..... - by ALX - 31-01-2014, 12:45 AM