Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Ghostly Beard - Set Me Free
Hi!

I checked out V4 in some detail yesterday, and have since been thinking of the best way to try and explain what I am hearing. I think there is still room for improvement regarding the tone.

I feel the best way to explain it is if you load up the library mix in your DAW and line it up with your mix. Approximately level match both mixes so they peak around -6, as loudness differences alter our perception, and switch between them. Listen to the difference in tone between the two, especially the general low end of things (300Hz ish) and the high end, and see what you think? Particularly the bass, and low and top end of the vocal, and also how the low end of the vocal interacts with the keys, and the relation of these to the bass.

What I sometimes do if I feel my mix tone is a little off my references - I put an eq over my mix and make some rough adjustments. I then work out which elements of my mix need to be changed to improve the tonal balance and revist the mix.

(I think the tonal balance of the library mix is pretty good in this instance, but that might not always be the case of course)

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix of Ghostly Beard - Set Me Free - by mikej - 19-01-2021, 03:24 PM