Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Ghostly Beard - Set Me Free
Hi!

Listening to V3...

Overall it's good, with a nice balance.

For me I feel it could do with a bit of polish eq wise perhaps? Not much though.

I think there is maybe just a touch too much 3-5k-ish on the keys/guitars/vocals, and by the same token I think you could afford to add in just a little more warmth on those individual elements too, around 300-600 ish, to balance out the air, and maybe add just touch more weight to the bass?

I think a few small eq moves along those lines will get it working nicely. It kind of sounds to me that you were thinking 'air' rather than 'warmth' perhaps?

Not quite the same genre, but I did reference a couple of albums before mixing this which I think helped me a little and might be useful to check out - Jill Scott - Beautifully Human and Ebony Alleyne - Never Look Back. For the Rhodes and Horns respectively, and overall feel/vibe.

Oh, I feel the drum loop could be made a little lighter feeling at the start too, as it feels just a touch heavy to me?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix of Ghostly Beard - Set Me Free - by mikej - 13-01-2021, 03:56 PM