Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Traffic Experiment - Sirens
(13-01-2014, 01:53 AM)bmullen Wrote: I like very much your idea of putting the waves sound in and especially the ending. The overall mix sounds a little "muddy" to me. Are you using a high pass filter on the tracks that have unnecessary bass frequencies?

Aside from the vocal tracks, no. In keeping with my philosophy of "least treatment" I only usually do that when I spot a track with low frequencies that are giving me specific problems.

Maybe I'm trying a little TOO hard to avoid processing. Blush It's not like I'm trying to avoid work. Quite the opposite. There are often times when my choice to avoid processing a track results in MORE work on my part to get that track to balance properly in a mix. For example, while I also avoid the use of automation I would prefer to use that rather than compression to balance out an unruly track in a mix; that way there's no undesirable effect on short term dynamics, preserving the original quality of the sound. But it IS more work to solve the problem that way for sure.

I just checked my archives; I still have the original project for this one (this one was done later, after the "great purge" when I deleted several of them clearing out space on my hard drive Blush). I'm working extra hours this week so I probably won't have time through the weekdays but I might have a chance to try your suggestion over the weekend; if/when I do I'll post it here. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Traffic Experiment - Sirens - by Pedaling Prince - 13-01-2014, 11:52 AM