Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cage In a Cave
Hi!

Yeah, I agree with Roy & takka's comments really.

It generally sounds good. Drums are about right for me, maybe the bass is merging with the kick a touch, but it's generally ok.

For me the vocal needs to be a bit more upfront and center, with a bit of air and detail. I think if you can get a good conventional vocal in the middle, then you can add your ideas as maybe a parallel chain and also as a bit of stereo interest?

The guitars are a little set back in the mix. I think you are missing some midrange detail and can get them a bit more upfront. Maybe think about adding a touch more width to the mix here and there also? If you level match and A/B with the example mix you'll hopefully get what I mean here.

You might get some mileage from checking out mixes from bands like Machine Head and Killswitch Engage. Oh, also check out the recent-ish Judas Priest live videos on youtube (Live At The Seminole Hard Rock Arena) - I think the sound on that is really good.

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 08-11-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by WiebeDA - 10-11-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by takka360 - 11-11-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by Roy - 12-11-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Cage In a Cave - by mikej - 12-11-2020, 08:29 PM