Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APZX - Amalgamize
Very good advice from Dave on this one. Great EQ work balancing all of those synths, but I still think V2 is too dry. The thing to be careful with on this one is to resist the temptation to bus everything together and apply the same reverb/delay to all of the parts. Go for higher predelay settings on things you want further toward the front of the mix, and shorter reverb tails. Tempo synched delays are probably your best best for most of the lead parts though, since many of them have a fair bit of reverberation inherent to their sound design.

I'd suggest applying parallel distortion to several of lead lines on a track like this because many of the synths are only operating on one oscillator, which sounds kinda thin to me, especially in the mids. Distortion will add compressed harmonic content to these lines to thicken them up, which might give you more leeway on rolling off the highs without killing all of the harmonics, which would make it very hard to retain the nice clarity and separation. The nice thing about applying distortion in parallel is that you can very precisely target where you'd like the distortion to beef up the harmonics, and you can also adjust the wetness/dryness with much more precision.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 08-01-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by The_Metallurgist - 21-02-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 21-02-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 25-02-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by pauli - 19-04-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by juanjose1967 - 19-04-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: APZX - Amalgamize - by pauli - 19-04-2014, 09:17 PM