Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux
Quote:Nothing fishy here, Mike, and absolutely no offense intended. I have been using the Cambridge site as a resource for years in the mixing course at MTSU, though I rarely post myself. A few years ago, I met Mike Senior at AES and was able to thank him in person for putting this amazing resource together.For the record, there was no slight intended, just trying to be sarcastic based on St Thomass original post. Clearly that didn't translate as expected! (And yes, I had the great pleasure to work with Arif Mardin a few times.)FWIW, here were the comments posted as part of his mix review
Oh, no offence taken.  Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated!

It all made sense once Saint Thomas explained, although I must admit it did leave me feeling a little confused back there for a while!

I do try my best to be honest and helpful.  My mixing experience, such as it is, only extends as far as me trying to learn to mix on this site though.  I figured a 'critique of my mix critique' from a pro fair game, although the reply did strike me as being a bit lacking in detail haha. 

Sometimes to me it seems that there is a lot of potential learning space available here that goes unused, so I try my best to get some discussion going on occasion, as I figure you get out what you put in.

- It also goes to show you never know who might be about on here.

Many thanks for posting your comments on the mix too.  Plenty to think about there.  

People reading this should go check out John's impressive list of credits.  Also go check out the Arif Mardin story too!

Cheers!
(Apologies for hijacking the thread a bit)
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux - by mikej - 27-11-2020, 01:41 AM