Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux
Funny - I just checked and for the record it seems I actually did use the cla-3a on the vocals! Odd as I usually go for the 1176. Possible that I felt that this track needed something a bit smoother. I did use a stereo delay on a send for widening and a bit of plate reverb though.

It all adds up, but I think the main thing that is allowing the vocal up front, aside from the balance, is I have a db or so of pultec eq on the mix bus into the limiter. I think I just set the thing and flipped through the frequencies until I got the effect I was after.

Might be some ideas there to try, although it seems to me like you've got a pretty good handle on things. I think the main thing is to have an idea of where you want to get your mixes to, and keep on at it until you get there. Thats kind of where I am at anyway.

Oh - it occurs to me you could try waves trans-x multi or something similar to get a bit more punch out of the drum loop too. (Or just stick Xfer OTT and camel crusher on everything and call it a day haha).

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: nzca lines - pure luxury - mixed by saint thomas ledoux - by mikej - 01-11-2020, 04:25 AM