Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm – Rescue Me
I like your mix, big improvement, much tighter and pleasant to listen to. The snare is quite nice but a bit too dominant; it shouldn't be louder than the e-guitar, imo. I think you can either pan the e-guitar closer to the middle, or make a duplicate and pan it to the opposite but lower level. That way the e-guitar is not too far on the side, losing its power. I also think the vocal needs a bit more FX Smile. It seems the snare has more FX than the vocal; it makes the vocal drier than it really is. A bit of cut on the snare ~2kHz-3.5kHz should darken it a bit and allow the vocal to poke out and take the lead. I do a lot of cutting in this song, mostly LP, it takes some of the "live" feeling out but in return I got my mandolin to show. I am not too happy with my latest mix, but at my level right now, it'd take more than a couple mixes to get it right. Yep, it is a challenge to work on the mandolin, but that's all it is, just a challenge. I like challenges Smile. Necessity breeds invention. So be creative. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by Frej - 17-10-2020, 04:07 AM
RE: Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by SonicTramp - 28-01-2021, 12:31 AM
RE: Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by Frej - 30-01-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by chuck moe - 13-02-2021, 07:09 PM
RE: Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by Frej - 13-02-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: Amy Helm – Rescue Me - by SonicTramp - 15-02-2021, 02:00 AM