Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split
Generally I feel the snare sets the tone and space for a whole mix. The vocals are usually also kind of important to hear, so I don't think your concept is that wild.

The example mix (and snare) is a bit weighter on the mids/low mids and a touch darker I think.

I do feel this track/mix is still missing that *something*. On first casual listen to the example mix I thought it could be some sort of, I dunno, 'Hole' sounding thing. (I've been listening to the track Malibu a bit recently - was seeking out some CLA mixes...). I quickly realised that it wasn't that kind of thing at all.

I think you might be on the right lines when you mention the rhythmic side of things. Listening back to it last night I felt that maybe bringing out and balancing the rhythmic elements of all the parts a bit more might be the key - if you get what I mean? Not sure I can properly explain!

Anyway, I certainly managed to get it a bit closer to something once I cut most of that vocal reverb! I knew something wasn't quite right but didn't figure it out. Your critique was much appreciated there!

I may decide to add a better fade at the end sometime!

I'll check your mix of this out soon.. I feel I need a bit of distance from this one - I ended up spending quite a bit of time on it!

Cheers!

Edit: !
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split - by mikej - 11-10-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Banana Split - by mikej - 13-10-2020, 01:40 PM