Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephano Petrocca - Foundation (Hein-Ivan Mix)
(16-10-2020, 06:14 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: It's great that you didn’t bite into the midrange like most people who have encountered this mix. After listening to your version, I realized that mine is somewhat squeezed around 4 KHz. Despite the fact that I like the track, I was already rather tired of it during the taxiing and endless search for sound options.

Your mix sounds too much in the range that I have too little. That is, you need something in between. You have built your panorama well in depth, but at the same time you have problems with its width in your mix. It would be nice to do something about it. I also agree that it would be nice to add fire in the low frequencies, especially with regard to Kick. As for the bass guitar, it has resonances, as a result of which some notes sound louder, others softer. This is clearly audible at medium and higher volume levels.

But nevertheless, with all the shortcomings, your mix listens perfectly and I do not get tired of it. In my case, a slightly clamped middle causes fatigue when listening.

My option: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=35658
Hello Equilibrium! Many thanks for the feedback. I do agree with the mids and also the bass. I did struggle a bit with this one, but I will try another mix later on. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephano Petrocca - Foundation (Hein-Ivan Mix) - by heinim - 16-10-2020, 10:03 PM