Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
<< Freshly Updated >> - Blues Bastards - Sugar
Since the lyrics are completely unintelligible it shaped the treatment of the voice and the mix greatly. No amount of clarification of the vocals would make the lyric any more discernable so it was used purely in a melodic and rhythmic context. 
With all of the guitars and synths I was led to a wall of sound conclusion. I think I was able to give everything a good place in this while grabbing some emotional content too. The drums, bass and low end are de-emphasized in order to give space for all of the textures from the many voices in this composition.
There is a good amount of automation happening on effects and on some guitars. The acoustics where copied to a new track and doubled in the choruses with a reamping to give support to the rhythmic and melodic content of the song during the choruses.
Comments are always welcome.

Blues Bastards - Sugar - Master 4
This is a re-master of the original mix to bring up to bottom and bring down the top. Mid-side EQ was used extensively to broaden the image and bring out some of the arrangement highlights I chose in the mix.

Blues Bastards - Sugar - Master 5
I really had to rethink the presence of and in the low end. This results in much more kick and bass guitar while not impinging on the rest of the mix.
Made some minor tweaks of several guitar phrases and rebalanced the outro plus a slightly modified and improved fade.

Thanks for your comments.
mITc

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar - Master 4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Sugar - Master 5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.7 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
<< Freshly Updated >> - Blues Bastards - Sugar - by Mixinthecloud - 15-07-2020, 02:12 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Sugar - by ERJEE - 15-07-2020, 07:41 PM
RE: Blues Bastards - Sugar - by Mixinthecloud - 16-07-2020, 11:49 PM