Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South of The Water - mix by Silona
(28-06-2020, 06:34 AM)silona Wrote:
(27-06-2020, 06:25 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi Silona, welcome to the very rewarding and not-frustrating-at-all world of mixing Big Grin ...
So many useful tips! thank you so much! Question though - when I zoom in to the wave form and align the transients, are they supposed to hit at the exactly same place? That's how I usually treat these things. If I invert phase, I probably won't see it in the wave form though..

Yes, but for example, it doesn't make a lot of sense to align the kick with the overheads or the room. The hit is supposed to reach the microphones at slightly different times. Also, as soon as you put Fx on a track, or as you say, flip the phase, you won't have any visual reference since the waveforms don't show it in real time. That's why you must always use your ears.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
South of The Water - mix by Silona - by silona - 09-06-2020, 08:58 AM
RE: South of The Water - mix by Silona - by Shul - 28-06-2020, 07:39 AM
RE: South of The Water - mix by Silona - by OctopusOnFire - 29-06-2020, 10:31 AM