Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini: 'This Town' kapu mix
(15-11-2021, 07:25 PM)Moldy Burrito Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 11:25 AM)kapu Wrote: Song was nice. ^_^
I am brand new to mixing. After a few years of collecting plugins and hardware, I think it is time to sit down and learn. From the outset, and from a listener perspective with no mixing knowledge, I liked how you picked the tracks, and not used all of them. I really enjoyed it from a purely non-technical standpoint.

I am very curious how you managed to tame the lead vocals. The raw take is very wild! I am going to guess I need clip gain to start, but the issue I am having with clip gain is once I start on other tracks, it sounds very unnatural. Mainly because I cannot seem to get it "exact". For lack of a better term. Another issue is the three different takes that are not aligned. I am very tempted to buy Vocalign Pro, because this project reminded me that might be a good investment for later down the road as I get better at this. Was it different takes, or overdubs? I could not tell.

Thank you for your time.

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response.

Can't remember how the vocals were done exactly, but I would guess the main tool here was quite heavy handed compression > eq > de-essing. And then probably 'manual gating', meaning removing silent parts with editing, to suppress noise.

Messages In This Thread
Angelo Boltini: 'This Town' kapu mix - by kapu - 01-06-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: Angelo Boltini: 'This Town' kapu mix - by kapu - 19-12-2021, 02:40 PM